Friday, February 5, 2010

Letter from God

Dear Child,
I put the sun in the sky to shine on you.
Did you stop to feel its warmth?

I set the moon above you to help you mark time, to adorn the night sky with light.
Did you look up?

I placed the stars in all their brilliant array to bring you light in the dark of night.
Did they bring you delight?

I had the Earth grow all sorts of good produce.
Did it nourish you?

I let run the streams, lakes and rivers full of fresh water.
Did you drink it?

I made animals to run, play, find homes in the land and be of use to you.
Did you appericate that?

I created the life to be a delightful adventure.
Did you live it?

I designed the world to provide for your every need.
Did you sustain it?

I placed people on the Earth to be companions to you, to encourage and comfort you.
Did you take the time to meet them?

I made you strong and beautiful.
Did you respect you?

I gave you a healthy mind, insight and wisdom.
Did you maintain it?

I gave it all to you.
Did you stop to recognize me? Were you a good steward of what I provided? Did you help and protect others? Were you there to lend a hand to even the littliest of creatures?

I am a big God and I love you child. It breaks my heart to see the state of the world you live in. The brokeness cries out to me. I see damaged humanity and I want to restore it. I can fix your mistakes. The time will come when I will make everything new again.

Have faith daughter; I love you.
I am near you
and I wait for you- always.

Love Everlasting,
Your Heavenly Father

1 comment:

Tea said...

Hey, you changed your image thing! Nice!