Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Say Thank You

Hi Girls,


I hope you are all feeling good, free, relaxed and unstressing (if not, go read yesterday's post..haha). Today is about thankfulness, saying thank you to God. Maybe you are already ahead of me and do that everyday, if so, good for you. I think it's sometimes so easy to concentrate on what we don't have and forget about all that we do.


I can tell you a few things that I'm thankful for today: that my family is healthy- even pup is on the mend, that the baby rabbits are doing well, that God is always with me, that I have all my needs met and then I'm blessed even more than that because I have fun things to do and the time to do them. What about you?


1 Chronicles 29: 12-14 says  "Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things. In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all. Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name."But who am I, and who are my people, that we should be able to give as generously as this? Everything comes from you, and we have given you only what comes from your hand.'"


Now, all that we have is from God. Everything. So we must thank him for it and that also means, that when we give something away, we aren't really giving away 'our stuff' because it's God's anyway. This is good to keep in mind when we feel like being stingy instead of generous- God is generous to us so we must act that way to others for there is blessing in giving. We are only stewards anyway since God owns everything so if he calls us to generosity, which he does, than we have no choice but to obey like in Deuteronomy 16:17 "All must give as they are able, according to the blessings given to them by the Lord your God."

So, we must be thankful to God for the generosity he has treated us with and follow his example with others. This can be tough sometimes, especially when finances are tight- but I guess we have to remind ourselves that they are God's finances anyway and he can do with them what he likes, same with our time. So let's all say thank you today to God and try to recognize even the little tiny blessings he gives us throughout the day as a way of showing his love for us.



No comments: