Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Family Time

Hi Girls,

Last night my family had a bonfire together and it was really fun. It's nice to get out and do something different. A lot of people I know don't really get a lot of family time. Partly do to busyness, or living so far from each other or  just other things get in the way. But it's nice to get together and enjoy each other's company with some smores and wieners.


And there was so much smoke in the yard. It looked kinda cool though, like fog.

We have kinda a different family arrangement since there are 6 people in our household, my sister and her husband, me and my husband as well as my parents. So you can imagine that we see each other a lot. Makes me sometimes think that they had it right back in the old days, you know, when the parents would parcel off a piece of their land to their sons, who would bring their wives, build a home. Families seemed to always stay in the same town together and marry off their sons and daughters to others living there.

Yet, even with everyone living in the same house, we still have to make time to do things. Sometimes it's hard to think up what to do, especially with limited financial resources. My mom and I took some time to make homemade lip balm today. It was fun and wow, I was so impressed at how amazing it turned out. No need to buy the all natural stuff anymore when I can make it at home (plus, I think it's a great gift idea too).


Together time is important, helps to bond, catch up... Even when you spend a lot of time with someone, sometimes you need chances to get to know them better. Like with my husband, we need to go on 'dates' to reconnect sometimes, get away from the boring and routine- have some fun (I wish we could go on more! but often things to do costs money- sometimes it just takes some creativity!). I encourage you all to find something to do with one of your family members or more than one, whatever, just make family time a priority before the month is up. I'm sure you can think of something to do!

No comments: