Monday, March 8, 2010

Beautiful Summer Days

Hi Girls,

This is a kinda strange post today. Happy thoughts day. What's your favourite memory? Sweet smelling wildflowers, bright sunshine, warm breeze...being in love and feeling completely happy... surrounded by family, laughter, joy.. as if the whole world was perfect for a moment and you're completely content. Ever felt like that? It's one of the greatest feelings in the world. Peace... serenity, like a full moon on a still night with stars sparkling everywhere. A time when you are so aware that you have purpose in this life; you can feel God so close to you and just know inside his realness to you. Moments like that are priceless; it's like in moments like that we see into what God wanted when he original created the world. Like a moment of perfection still able to shine through all the sin.

And we're not gonna think about how quickly those moments last or how rare they sometimes are. Right now, we're just gonna remember. The joy and happiness we experience in times of our utmost contentment is something that we can rely on God for everyday of our lives.

When you imagine your perfect moment, what do you see? Who is sharing it with you? Often times our most wonderful times are spent with someone we love. We think about laying out in the sun, close to the guy we love, and feeling loved back- it's dreamy and real at the same time. And we know that this is what life was meant to be. (The Psalms are filled with beautiful moments)

I think that it's good to think about these thoughts during the day because they bring us hope and a dream to hang onto. I read this good quote in a novel I was reading the other day, whereas the male character tells the girl he loves "My love is strong enough for both of us. Let me love you...If I could take away all the pain of your suffering I would, but I can't. All I can do is suffer it with you, help you carry it....let me love you." (Jamie Carie, Snow Angel). When I read that, it hit me, that's what God tells us! He warns us that we will have trouble in this life, be persecuted and our pain won't go away until we are with him in Heaven, where he wipes away every tear. Until then, we can be confident that he is carrying our suffering, helping us through it (bringing healing) and loving us through it all. We travel with scars from the wounds inflicted on us but God loves us through everything and that never changes.

God brings us those joyous days of peace, those beautiful summer days where we just feel his love shinning down on us. Accept his love. And accept the love that those around you offer- everyone extends love in different ways and I hope that our eyes are always open to recognize it.

Okay- I don't know if any of that made sense to you- but ah well.. Hopefully you can gain something from it's randomness. I also wanted to add that if anyone has any specific ideas or things they'd like me to talk about, let me know. I've gotten feedback that some like the relationship stuff but I'm curious what exactly you want to discuss because what I think about relationship issues may not necessarily be what you're looking for- so let me know! And always feel free to post you're own reactions/thoughts. After all, it doesn't just need to be me talking all the time..haha...

No comments: