Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Couple Stuff

Hello there,

Change of pace for today.. You know what's great about being in a relationship with someone? Besides the basic facts of not being alone, having your best friend always with you and all that? It's the little inside couple jokes that occur. I just think being able to share a private laugh with someone you love is so nice; it bonds you together.

It's interesting to study different couples sometimes. At least I think it is but then again, I write stories a lot so it gives me character insight. Anyways, everyone is unique and relates differently. It seems that each couple has something special between them. Some couples have their own song to their relationship- we do, most all have inside jokes, some have special places to visit or meaningful times of the year. Building the what's unique is one of the fun parts of having a relationship.

As I've mentioned lots of time before, it makes me sad that society has relationships so wrong- dating and sex, then marriage and then kids maybe, sometimes they come before. It's so sad because it's so wrong but sometimes that's hard to explain, especially when someone doesn't believe in the Bible. After all, people who have those types of relationships still experience love but I don't think they receive God's blessing or approval.  And it's hard to describe to someone who lives like that how God's blessing could change their life and relationship, especially if their blind to the fact of their own sin. That road is tempting for so many people. It's made out to be okay and good so much but I just can't stress how wrong it is. I've rather gone off on a total tangent here but this just bothers me. What do you say to your friends living like that when they come to you for advice or want to talk about their relationship, perhaps praising everything that's good about it? Kind of an awkward situation really because you know the truth and perhaps they don't or maybe deep inside they do but choose to ignore it. Especially when you know that by repenting, turning to God and changing their lifestyle, their relationships would be even better?

Anyway, I've kinda just randomly rambled but I guess that's okay in a blog. Just some of my thoughts really. How about you? What are your thoughts on such things?

No comments: