Monday, May 3, 2010

A Moment In Time

Hi Girls,

Have you ever experienced one of those moments where you have a sinking feeling, where someone is coming to tell you bad news and you know it has the ability to change your life or break your heart? When you know that whatever they tell you will affect you so deeply that it will change you? Often these kinds of things are always connected to something or someone we love being threatened in some way or a change in our life circumstances that we've grown very comfortable with and like very much.

I don't know about you but I find these are some of the worst moments of life. The bad news. You can tell right away when someone is about to tell you something you won't like, the tone of voice, facial expression, the shift in mood. And then you can feel your heart start to constrict inside and you unknowingly hold your breath until everything is revealed to you.

So where em I going with all of this? Well girls, I had such moments like these over the weekend. What was supposed to be a family camping trip, turned into two days of saving the life of my sweet adorable puppy. He was extremely ill with internal bowel troubles and had a high fever. Fortunately, I can tell you that he is in recovery now, thanks to God, the many vets and technicians and my family. For me, my pets are part of the family so with that in mind, hopefully you can understand a little better how horrible it was.

Now what was really interesting about this entire thing was the faith aspect. And that's probably true for every single life trouble. It's what it comes down to really. People can do all they want, try as hard as they want but in the end, it is still up to God. That's a big leap of trust for all of us. Now, I spent a lot of time praying because that was the only thing that could bring me comfort because I was able to actually do something. It's definitely hard to keep thinking positively in situations like that. I am sure a lot of you can probably understand  what I'm saying because whenever there is a possibility of death involved or serious consequences, the feelings of dread, worry, anxiety, fear- all that is the same. And a lot of us have gone through situations like that before. Yet the mind is such a battleground in circumstances like this, especially when you have no choice  but to wait for the outcome. The only thing there is to hold onto is God and what he says to us, than trust in that and not doubt. It's tough but important.

So lets just keep in mind that no matter what happens in our life, God can and will take care of us.

No comments: