Wednesday, March 3, 2010

God Will Be Faithful!!!

Hey Girls,

Have any of you been praying about something for a really long time? Asking God repeatedly for something and then time goes by and you keep waiting and waiting...I think a lot of us are probably in that situation because part of trusting God is waiting on his timing and not acting on our own. It's tricky sometimes to know the difference.

God's faithfulness is an important theme for me, and I guess it always has been. Before I met my husband, I spent YEARS praying for God to bring the right guy into my life. Ya, we dated amd married quickly but we didn't meet quickly. I spent a lot of time by myself, watching my friends have relationships or seeing other happy couples- kinda tortureous really. But then one day- it just happened. God proved his faithfulness. Genesis 2:18 says "The Lord God said, 'It is not good for man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.'" (Women included I'd say). What I wanted, God had designed from the beginning of creation so it was up to me to trust him and wait on his faithfulness. (just a side note for you single girls- have you ever thought that maybe you were meant to be alone? I believe God does call some people to be single- with a specific purpose though. If you have a heart for marriage- than keep praying your man to you).

God will be faithful to us. Sometimes it is just really hard to wait and not to doubt. Doubt is a terrible thing- one of the worst forces against us. We just can't let any doubt in.

Here are some verses to hang onto:
Psalms 36:5 "Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies."
Psalms 86:15 "But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness."
Psalms 37:4 "Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart."
Psalm 89:33  "...but I will not take my love from him, nor will I ever betray my faithfulness."
Galatians 5: 22-23 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control..."
Lamentations 3:22-24 "Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."

I hope these verses are encouraging to you. They are definately encouraging to me.

God's faithfulness lives in us everyday through his Holy Spirit. We just need to continually pray for patience to wait on his faithfulness to come to fruitition. That's what I am doing. We all probably have some BIG things in our lives that we continually seek God for (financial blessing, prayers for family members, life direction, healing etc.) and we can try to take these things into our own control but let me tell you, it won't work out and you'll end up with a pile of stress. As much as you think you have the solution to your own problems- you don't! (unless of course, it's a God given solution). God has the solution. He always does. No matter what problem we have, God is BIGGER! He loves his creation. He can certainly take care of us better than we can take care of ourselves.

So, no matter what you're praying for, we're all in this together, waiting on God to reveal his faithfulness to us. And he WILL be faithful girls! Now, let's be faithful ourselves and not doubt God's ability to take care of us.

 

No comments: